Friday, May 4, 2012

my thoughts about atheism &liberalism

My mom found an article online of some so called, "proof" that atheists r nicer,more giving ppl,etc. than ppl who claim religion. I think that's BULL! Maybe it's just because I'm going by this based off my own experience(and how my cousin is),but I think it's a load of BULL! In my experience,in the church,around other ppl of faith,I've found that they're more open-minded,and willing to accept ppl as they are. They want to lead u to God,not judge u.

 They are so nice and always willling to lend u a helping hand when u need it,if u just ask. Now,take my cousin for instance, he's a hardcore LIBERAL,ATHEIST,and all he does is bash christians and bash republicans/conservatives tea partiers(or tea baggers,as he calls them.) He tries to tell me that liberals are more open-minded/accepting of others. Oh really? hmm,funny thing- I can talk to a conservative(and a religious person),and they won't insult me;put me down because I disagree w/them. They will,POLITELY, tell me they don't disagree w/me and explain why. They have legitimate information,and they use facts to back it up. Liberals/atheists r SO intolerant of anybody that thinks different form them,that they will insult u,outshout u,and do anything in there power to discredit u,make u look/sound bad. I mean,look what the democrat politicians do,when they run for office.

 I hear MORE about y I SHOULDN'T vote for their candidate,than y I SHOULD vote for,THEM! Every time I post something political/religious on my facebook,my  asshole cousin SPAMS THE HELL out of my page,w/comment after comment,dissing republicans,dissing christians,and even dissing ME! Oh,and for some bizarre reason,he thinks those posts,were put up to personally,insult HIM! He makes his intolerance so PAINFULLY obvious. He's 40 years old and sadly, the highlight of his life is constantly arguing w/and insulting/making accusations (to) his 25 yr old cousin(me). Not to mention,schools used to have religion in them,but thanks to the intolerant,atheists,we don't anymore. They bitched,loud and long for a really long time,until schools did away w/religion. On top of that,I've heard more than enough instances,about kids getting expelled form school, getting detentions,or any other such punishment,JUST because they took a bible to school. Ur still gonna tell me that atheists/liberals are more tolerant and understanding of ppl??? really?? I'm not so sure about just an atheist specifically,but I know liberals are only "accepting" of your opinion if it agrees w/theirs. Just remember, if you're a christian,ur a "bible thumping re-thug",and if you're in a tea party,you're a "tea bagger." Compliments of my narrow minded,thinks he knows every thing,cousin. =) This is y I can't stand him. I can't talk to him about ANYTHING! He preaches the loudest about intolerance,yet he exhibits the most intolerance.

Also,like any1 else out there,yes,there r gonna be some christians that make others look bad. Don't let those FEW,reflect the rest of us. My mom says there's an 80/20 rule. Has something to do w/for every thing ppl claim to be,there r only maybe 20% who actually are,and the other 80% are the 1's that don't practice what they preach and discredit the rest of us. Guys,I know I've heard ENDLESS complaints about this from u; u know how u complain that most women,when we get hurt,we assume ALL men are assholes and for those of u who aren't,it makes u look bad,and you're mad because "we" won't give u a chance? That's how it is for christians too. Don't let the few hypocrites in the world,make u totally against all christians. Just like what u men say to us-we're not ALL like that. Give us a chance. God is not some evil vindictive God,who will send u to hell for being gay or any of that other nonsense. He gave us all free-will,he wouldn't send u to hell for ur decisions. He's a FORGIVING,God,and MAN(as in man kind) is the 1 that takes God's word and twists it around to suit him/her.

No comments:

Post a Comment