Monday, December 27, 2010

Next Totally Random Blog...about TURTLES!!

Now I know I've said that I have 3 dogs,and 1in particular is pretty cool for a dog. My airedale. The star of blogger because of his strange and very amusing personality. But he is not the ONLY unsual pet I have. Nore are dogs the only pets I have. I actually have 2 turtles as well. Yes. I found both of them in my neighborhood at different times. A few years ago I found my-what I thought was a red ear turtle,accept for the fact he doesn't have RED EARS,everythingelse about him looks like the species tho. Anyway the turtle quite LITERALLY showed up on my door step after a storm from the day b4.

That had been a few years ago,and not that long ago(maybe a few months ago or so) I found this tiny softshell turtle w/a pointy nose, on the ground when we all went walking 1 night. I almost didn't SEE him,coz he's so tiny and it was dark out,but w/what little bit of street light did make it that far over there,I could sorta see a dark spot on the ground,and it was enough to get my attention and when I bent over to get a better look at it,I saw it was a turtle. Just sitting there on the pavement. So I scooped him up and kept him w/me for the rest of the walk,w/him in 1 hand and just took him home,so ever since I have had 2 turtles! LOL Anyway the 1st turtle I have,I named  Hobbes,from the comicbook "Calvin&Hobbes" my favorite comic.  Now Hobbes is the 1 w/the personality that so odd for a turtle. This turtle will listen to you when ur talking. Yes! He listens! He comes over to where ur at as much as possible in his little tank,and he pokes his head waaaaaaaaaay out and just kinda turns his head this way and that,like he's listening,he gets so nosy and curious LOL

I've had a read ear turtle once b4 when I was about 9 or 10 and he didn't act ANYTHING like this turtle. Turtles usually hide in their shells when u approach them,but not this 1. He COMES to you and he LISTENS! LOL I find it odd,he acts like a dog. He hears you nearby and immediately has to go investigate or come up and greet you, lol. Now the other turtle I found,acts like a typical turtle,it hides ALOT. In fact EVERYTIME I see it,it's under the water,NEVER uses it's rock,not even to sunbathe,and just sleeps. I don't think that turtle ever NOT sleeps. Boooooooooooooooring! But Hobbes is more interesting,because he comes up to you,because he likes the sound of voices and well pretty much any sound lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment