Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I realize it's Florida but.....

can't it SNOW?? Please?? I mean Florida can get pretty wicked cold here too,so why can't WE ever have snow? If I gatta freeze 2 death atleast make it worth my while and SNOW!! My best friend was right when she said it,"It's not really winter if there's no snow" now mind you she's from NY as well as lot of my friends are,and there's some that are from other states as well that miss it up there and having snow. The weird thing is I am prolly the only Florida native who's been up north and misses it up too.

Anywho I lived in Illinois once, and I only lived there less than a yr(only 7 months) and (with the exception of certain circumstances) I LOVED it there!!! Everyone seemed so different there. Even at school,most of the people,even the kids I went to school with were cool. I also had my 1st experience w/snow for 1 time only lol It was def a new experience for me,seeing ice alover the sidewalks and driveway,icicles hanging from the trees,and walking on snow for the 1st time.

I had even had my 1st snowball fight w/the kid next door(of course I had a hard time getting my snowballs to stay together long enough to pelt him good) lol. Man that kid was ALWAYS picking on me. lol Oh yeah and trying to walk up that ramp at the back door of the school was sheer agony!!! yeah, I wasn't used to slipping and sliding when trying to walk on any sidewalks or driveways lol. The only ice I've ever walked on was when I went ice skating at the ice rinks we have here,and even then, I only went onto that floor when I had skates on lol but there was only once or twice where I ended up half stepping onto that floor in sneakers. Which is also what I wore trying to get up the ramp and that wasn't fun. I thought I was gonna have to get on the ground and CRAWL just so I could move w/o killing myself LOL

But still it was so different up there and different in a way that I liked. People just seemed more down to earth up there,more friendly,and don't seem to believe just anything they hear like most ppl I've met in my life time do. I made some great friends. I enjoyed attending the church up there,and of course I enjoyed the school,even the way the school system is run, up there is sooooooooo much better than here. Even my Uncle likes schools up north better. Like me he's lived here and up there so he also knows the difference in the way the 2 states run schools. I also(guilty) like the fireflies. Yes,I  LIKE the fireflies. I found them fascinating,bcoz b4 I went up there I had never seen fireflies(other than in pic) b4 =)

I found the little amish town interesting. (I talk more about that in my next blog.) And St.Louis was cool. I wish I coulda spent MORE time out there,and seen more of the city,but since I didn't,I defintely plan to go back someday. As well as visit Atlanta. I've been tp Georgia b4 too,and it seems alright. Just haven't been to Atlanta yet,and that city looks alot like NY to me,(from what I've seen in pics) and it looks it's prolly as much fun as NY(maybe). Well what I've HEARD about NY anyway,since I've never been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment